Parks and Sporting Ovals
Weipa Town Authority maintains a variety of parks, playgrounds, sports ovals and open spaces for visitors and locals to enjoy.
Located on Andoom Road, the Andoom Oval is a large active reserve developed primarily for rectangle sports, including Rugby League, Touch and Oztag. Andoom Oval is also the location for one of Weipa’s largest community events, the annual Weipa Bullride. Facilities include public toilets, rugby goal posts, bins and lights.
Located along Hibberd Drive, the Cricket Oval is primarily used for Cricket, AFL and bootcamp. It is currently home to the Weipa Cricket Club. The Oval is surrounded by shady trees with public toilets available. There is also a skate park at the site.
Parks and Playgrounds
Weipa has two larger destination parks, Hibberd Park at Rocky Point, and Lake Patricia. In addition, a skate park can be found at Rocky Point, along Hibberd Drive.
Hibberd Park, Rocky Point, Hibberd Drive
This beautiful shady park has grassed areas, a bike path, fitness station, play fort, swings, climbing prism, merry-go-round, nearby skate park, seating, public toilets and ample parking.
Lake Patricia, Kerr Point Road (dirt road)
This lovely park is also well shaded and is located on the foreshore of Lake Patricia. It has a play fort, swing, BBQs (take your own gas), seating, shade shelter, public toilets and plenty of parking.
In 2020 some of our playgrounds are having some upgrades:
- Flinders Park, Flinders Street, Trunding.
- Merluna Park, behind Merluna Place, Trunding.
- Kookaburra Park, Kookaburra Court, Golf Links Estate.
- Golf Links Park, Cnr McLeod Drive & Anzac Ave, Golf Links.
- Joy Rollins Park, Nanum. Bike path access is via Ayam Crt, Christie Ave and Kanthin Ave.
- Alstonia Park, Alstonia Drive, Nanum.
Fitness equipment stations can be found at:
- Trunding Greenbelt, Located between Trunding and Rocky Point (access via Wattle Terrace.
- John Evans Drive bike path (Park Run)
- Hibberd Park, Rocky Point, located beside the bike path in the Rocky Point Park