Employment Opportunity - Infrastructure Supervisor
Full time 40 hours
Family friendly Monday to Friday roster
Enjoy a relaxed coastal lifestyle in an ideal residential environment Weipa
Weipa is located 900km north-west of Cairns on the Gulf of Carpentaria and has been operating for over 50 years. Over the years, it has developed into a vibrant and diverse cultural hub of the Western Cape. Weipa offers a coastal community rich in geographical beauty and cultural heritage that provides families with opportunities to participate in leisure activities, sports and community events. With a strong sense of community, the region has plenty of natural beauty to offer including the opportunities for boating, fishing, camping and exploring.
About the role
The Weipa Town Authority (WTA) acts as a Local Government authority in the Township of Weipa on behalf of Rio Tinto. Working on a Monday to Friday roster and reporting to the Coordinator Public Works, you will be required to:
- Maintain civil infrastructure, to include the water and sewage networks of the Authority so that the level-of-service targets in the asset management framework are met
- Manage Town Projects and Contractors
- Carry out planned and reactive maintenance activities
- Assist the Works Coordinator with the administration of budget and procurement processes
- Contribute to improvement in methodology, procedure, process, equipment, and resources
- Fosters a partnership approach to working with other teams across Weipa.
To be successfully considered for this role, you will have:
- Certificate 3 in Plumbing or similar trade highly regarded
- Building, road, and drainage maintenance knowledge
- Demonstrated experience in Water supply, plumbing, and sewerage maintenance
- Demonstrated experience in contractor and project management
- Strong understanding of working towards deadlines and budgets
- A proactive approach towards personal and team Health, Safety, Environment & Community awareness.
If this sounds like you and the opportunity you are looking for, apply now.