The status of facilities is being reviewed daily, so residents are encouraged to check back regularly.
The Weipa Pound together with the Local Laws Officers are still currently working.
The Weipa Aquatic Centre will reopen from Saturday 16th May for recreation, training and rehabilitation purposes, whilst ensuring the following rules:
• one person per lane per lap swimming
• a maximum of 10 swimmers per pool
• no spectators, except for up to one parent/carer per child, if necessary
• communal showers and change rooms are closed, toilets may remain open
• minimise the use of communal facilities
• shower with soap before and after swimming (at home, not at the pool)
Weipa Aquatic centre will only allow Pass Holders to enter the aquatic centre.
Community members who don’t have passes can purchase these from the Weipa Aquatic Centre once it is reopened.
To be COVID safe the toddler pool will remain closed.
All Weipa Town Authority Facilities are currently closed.
The Weipa Town Authority will reopen to the public from Monday 18th May 2020. It will be open from 8.30am - 4.00pm.
Please be advised that there is a limit of 2 people permitted in the reception at any one time.
The Hibberd library will reopen Monday to Friday commencing 18th May from 12.00noon to 5.00pm.
The following must be followed:
From 12.01am Saturday 16th May, the following will be reopened with restrictions:
- Maximum 10 people on equipment at any one time. The social distancing rule of 1.5m must be followed.
- Maximum 10 people on equipment at once. The social distancing rule of 1.5m must be followed.
- Maximum 10 people per group. The social distancing rule of 1.5m must be followed.
No park bookings will be accepted.
The Weipa Landfill is currently open with social distancing measures in place.
Remondis Rubbish Collection is also still occuring. Please go to this link for updates on services over the Easter long weekend.