The Weipa Town Authority together with the Weipa Local Disaster Management Group, have developed this page to keep you updated with everything COVID-19.
Please be aware that due to the evolving nature of the COVID-19 situation, advice and information is changing rapidly. We advise all residents to check this page regularly for the most current information.
QLD health should continue to be your first point of contact for any COVID-19 developments. Visit https://www.health.qld.gov.au/. The Federal Government also has a range of resources including a WhatsApp channel and Coronavirus Australia Government app available. Please visit www.health.gov.au for more information.
Weipa & Napranum now have a dedicated WhatsApp Channel for local COVID-19 related news and information. Download the WhatsApp app from the Apple or Google Play stores and message 0436 626 342 to subscribe.
Community Update Monday 31st August 2020
In response to recent positive COVID-19 cases, as at 8am on 31 August 2020 the following Local Government Areas have been included as restricted Areas:
- Cherbourg Aboriginal Shire Local Government Area
- Goondiwindi Regional Local Government Area
- South Burnett Regional Local Government Area
- Southern Downs Regional Local Government Area
- Toowoomba Regional Local Government Area
- Western Downs Regional Local Government Area
These regions have been added to the current restricted regions of:
- Brisbane City Local Government Area
- Gold Coast City Local Government Area
- Ipswich City Local Government Area
- Lockyer Valley Local Government Area
- Logan City Local Government Area
- Moreton Bay Local Government Area
- Redland City Local Government Area
- Scenic Rim Regional Local Government Area
- Somerset Region Local Government Area
Changes for residents in the restricted areas
- Gatherings in private homes and public spaces are restricted to a maximum of 10 people, however these limits do not apply to businesses operating under a COVID Safe Plan.
- Visitor restrictions have been placed on Residential Aged Care and Disability Accommodation facilities.
- Hospital Emergency Departments, Aged Care and Disability Accommodation facilities will use Personal Protective Equipment including face masks and gloves to treat all patients and residents.
Changes for residents in all other parts of Queensland
- Gatherings in private homes and public spaces will be restricted to a maximum of 30 people. These limits do not apply to businesses or events operating under a COVID Safe Plan.
Businesses, Activities and Undertakings
If your business is operating under a COVID Safe Plan, you are not affected by the latest restrictions announced for the Greater Brisbane and Ipswich areas. This includes businesses operating under a COVID Safe Industry Plan, a COVID Safe Checklist, COVID Safe Site-Specific Plan or COVID Safe Event Plan.
Please ensure that your staff and customers observe social distancing, ensure customer details are retained and ensure that any staff or customers who are showing any symptoms do not enter your premises.
For more information please visit –
Video Communications #13 - - Tuesday 1st September 2020
Video Communications #12 - Tuesday 4th August 2020
Video Communications #11 - Thursday 2nd July 2020
Video Communications #10 - Monday 15th June 2020
Video Communications #9 - Friday 5th June 2020
Video Communications #8 - Wednesday 27th May 2020
Video Communications #7 - Monday 11th May 2020
Video Communications #6 - Thursday 30th April 2020
Video Communications #5 - Friday 17th April 2020
Video Communication #4 - Wednesday 8th April 2020
Video Communication #3 - Wednesday 1st April 2020
Video Communucation #2 - Thursday 26th March 2020
Video Communication #1 - Tuesday 24th March 2020