Places to Stay
Visitors to Weipa and those moving to the area will discover a good range of housing and accommodation options, including resorts, bed and breakfasts, caravan and camping grounds, apartments and even houseboats!
These options span a range of different styles and budgets, so it’s easy to find something to suit your needs.
Popular choices include:
- Albatross Bay Resort
- Heritage Resort, Weipa
- The Anchorage budget accommodation
- Weipa Camping Grounds
- Ash Palms Apartments
- Weipa Houseboats
Taking out or eating in
There a number of dining venues in town, serving up a tasty range of options, from full meals and takeaways, to delicious coffee and cake. Try these for starters:
- Sportsman’s Bar at the Albatross Bay Resort
- Global Barbeque at Carpentaria Golf Club
- Barras Restaurant and Bar at the Heritage Resort
- Bowls Club Restaurant at the Weipa Bowls Club
- The Kitchen Table Café at Weipa Community Care
- Weipa Bakery at the Heritage Shopping Centre
- Barramunchies at the Weipa Caravan Park and Camp Grounds
- Cappuccino Crew and Triplet Icecreams (mobile vendors).
Occasionally, trawlers will stop in Weipa for an afternoon and seafood-loving locals will flock to the docks for some of the best and freshest seafood found anywhere.
BBQs at home are a popular pastime, but there is also a choice of local recreation spots, such as the BBQ area at Lake Patricia – the perfect place to catch up with family and friends.